Twyning follows the highly recommended 'real PE' scheme of work for Physical Education. This scheme focuses on six multi ability cogs which have been rigorously been tried and tested and ensure good progression and development at an indivudual level. The multi abilities/skills are: Personal, Cognitive, Social, Creative, Physical and lastly Health and Fitness. It is supplemented by other elements such gymnastics, dance, swimming (years 1-4), Balanceability learn to ride programme (reception children) and Leadership modules (years 5 and 6). We also have adapted the Daily Mile scheme across the whole school. Children have the opportunity to go on a 3 day residential to PGL Liddington in both year 5 and year 6.
Throughout the programme we incorporate the school’s values of Achieve, Create, Enjoy; health awareness and well-being as well as developing spiritual, moral, social and cultural values where relevant. Particular areas would be:
- use of imagination and creativity in their learning (gymnastics and dance)
- willingness to reflect on their experiences (gymnastics and dance)
- understanding of the consequences of their behaviour and actions (games)
- willingness to participate in a variety of communities and social settings, including by volunteering, cooperating well with others and being able to resolve conflicts effectively (games) and extra-curricular/inter-school activities
- willingness to participate in and respond positively to sporting opportunities (curricular and extra-curricular/inter-school activities)